I’ve often mentioned this but… I am so bad at keeping up with this. Anyways here we go, this weekend it is awards festival! I hereby invite all of you to be a part of it, so yes you are all nominated for as many awards as you want! (and let me know if you are taking part so I can read your answers!) I will also try to give you an update about my travels in Spain next week. Due to my internship I’ve been quite busy (and ok I’ve been binge watching Vikings) so I will do my very best to become a bit more active on here again!
One Lovely Blog Award
A simple arien nominated me for this award. I think I’ve never had this one before so thanks 🙂
– Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
– Post about the award
– Share 7 facts about yourself
– Nominate at most 15 people
– Tell your nominees the good news!!
7 facts about myself
Aah this is difficult, I don’t know what I already shared and what not.
- I am constantly on the lookout for future travel destinations.
- I don’t like insects of any kind.
- I prefer pasta over potatoes.
- I have one younger sister.
- I watched three seasons of Vikings in two weeks.
- I still have a bunch of series where I stopped halfway, but I don’t remember where I ended so I postpone catching up with them.
- I can’t get up in the morning without snoozing.
3 day quote challenge
Thank you Galaxy Ink for the nomination! My three quotes:
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation”- Herman Melville.
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”- Dr.Seuss.
- “Veni, vidi, vici.”- Julius Caesar.
Sunshine blogger award
Handstands around the world asked me the following questions:
. What is/are your travel goal(s) for 2017?
Not sure. I don’t really plan that much in advance. Since I am graduating I am still unsure when I will have holidays.
2. What is your favorite holiday and why?
Mmm US was definitely nice, since I’ve never been outside of Europe before. But I must say Italy still is my favorite.
3. Most unique travel destination you’ve visited?
Andalusia in Spain was really great, lots of Moorish influences made it so different from the places I’ve been before.
4. What is one off the beaten path location that you recommend for me to visit?
Difficult one, I’m quite the tourist. In US I really liked Providence. In Belgium I would say come and see Leuven 🙂
5. Share your favorite photo from your travels:
6. What is your advice for those trying to get into the world of blogging?
Just do whatever you want and blog about whatever you want. I think everyone goes through different phases and blog designs, which is totally fine. Also I read some posts about how you should blog and so on, but I think a blog is really your own personal space where you share anything that comes to mind.
7. What is your favorite song?
I am so boring when it comes to the ‘what is your favorite’ questions cause honestly I don’t have one. It depends on the time, my mood, … I could have different favorites every day!
8. Worst travel experience ever?
Not really any bad experiences, except when your in a tiny tent and you really have to go to the bathroom and outside it is pouring rain?
9. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten while traveling?
I always watch what I’m eating cause I’m a difficult one. I had a few occasions where I ate something that I didn’t know what it was. But then again maybe sometimes it’s best you don’t know 😉
10. I’m re-using this question from a previous award because I had fun reading people’s answers: Where are you from, and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
I am from Belgium, more precisely Leuven. Misconceptions? First of all, not all Belgians are French-speaking, second, fries are definitely not French. And last, we have more to offer than chocolates and waffles (although those are really great :P).
11. I used this last time around too, but I’m using it again because I think it’s a great thing to share advice. So…what is one important lesson you’ve learned in your travels?
To not always want to have seen everything. Sometimes it’s just great to slow down and take it all in.
Mystery blog award
Just a girl and a bike asked me:
What was one of your favorite adventures?
Going to the US (sorry I am not that adventurous)
Where is your favorite place to be?
I kinda like home, or just a quiet place.
What is your favorite meal?
Do you prefer morning or night?
I really dislike mornings so nights!
Do you prefer winter or summer?
Summer! Nice temperatures, no cold.
Blogger recognition award
The last one! Malini’s space nominated me, thank you! The questions to this award are always the same. Therefore I just link my previous ones: The Blogger Recognition Award and Blogger recognition award 2 and 3.
Yeeey that’s it! Thank you all very much for these nominations! Like I said I nominate all of you! But since no one really accepts it then I will link some specific persons:
You can each choose the nomination(s) you want to do and the questions you’d like to answer. If anyone else wants to be nominated please let me know and I’ll add you to the list!